The Greersburg Academy was an institution established by Reverend Thomas Hughes in Darlington, Pennsylvania, in 1802. The academy was created as a “prep” school for college. Classes included languages, philosophy, and astronomy. The stone structure was built around 1806 making it one of the oldest buildings still standing in Beaver County. Though it was originally built as a school, the structure functioned as a railway station for a time, serving several railroads between 1883 and 1972. The structure is one of the oldest structures to have ever been used as a station. Notable alumni of the school were abolitionist John Brown, Walter Forward, John White Geary, Daniel Leasure, William Holmes McGuffey. The Little Beaver Historical Society currently maintains the structure.